|Home||Instructors and Approved Persons||Blog||Additional Pages||Forms||Photo Gallery||FAQs||Events Calendar||SAGPA Awards||NORTH meets SOUTH 2013||About Us||Contact Us||Links||Member Login|
Gyroplane Display rating
Application for a Gyroplane Display Rating
1. The pilot must have attended at least 1 of RAASAs safety meetings in the 12 months prior to the application.
2. The pilot must be a paid-up member of Air Show South Africa.
3. The pilot must be a paid-up member of RAASA, Aero Club, and SAGPA.
4. The gyroplane used for displays must have insurance cover for third party damage.
5. The pilot must have at least 200 hours experience as PIC on the specific type of gyroplane.
To be found on RAASAs website under Special Air Events
· Document 1 - DISPLAY ACCREDITATION DOCUMENT
Pay attention to chapters 6, 8, and 12. These explain the rules for display and gives guidance for performances.
· Document 2 - DISPLAY AUTHORISATION ACCREDITATION AND EVALUATION FORM
This form must be printed and taken with to the evaluator.
Pay particular attention to 13.2 - Ground evaluation, 13.3 - Flight Evaluation, and
13.4 Evaluation Results.
This evaluation must be done before the practical test. The applicant must therefore know the above, and be sure that he/she adheres to the requirements.
Once the pilot has applied at RAASA, paid the fees, and attended the safety meeting, he/she can contact the evaluator, Roelf Palm, on 0826537475, for an appointment.
The duration of the evaluation is about 3-4 hours, including the practical display. A written copy of the display sequence must also be handed in to the evaluator. The pilot must adhere to this sequence while taking wind direction and runway in use into consideration.