Why Join SAGPA?
SAGPA is a members organisation that exists to benefit its members. Over the years, SAGPA has influenced the legislation that governs recreational flying in South Africa and always looking to guide its development to be the most beneficial for the members. SAGPA provides a valuable information source for recreational pilots and inter alia organises or supports flying events to encourage skills development and a fun and social side to the sport.
Our Advocacy Role
- We acknowledge and recognise aviation excellence through the granting of appropriate awards.
- Through our active communication channels, we encourage safety and airmanship
- Our members provide financial support to the Aero Club of SA who are charged with the responsibility to maintain interfaces with stakeholder structures such as the FAI via CIMA and SASCOC.
- As an ARO, we advocate on your behalf with industry stakeholders and not limited to SACAA & AIID. This is achieved by participation and representation on official platforms such as CARCom, ASO sub-committee, Industry Liason Forum and relevant workgroups.
- SAGPA is managed by an elected Committee subject to the requirements as per the approved ARO MOP
- We share African Skies with aircraft of all types and SAGPA endeavours to maintain focus on matters relevant to Gyroplanes and their pilots.