Africa Boogie 2017
5700 km in 10 days and 9 nights
17 Gyros over Namibia & Botswana
Basiese roete: Map of Trip
Pretoria, Northam, Pilansberg, Jwaneng (Botswana), Kang, Ghanzi, Gobabis (Namibia), Omaruru, Messum Crater, Brandberg, Twyfelfontein, Palmwag, Sesfontein, Puros, Kowarib, Etosha, Rundu, Katima Mulilo, Maun (Botswana), Nata, Orapa, Selebi Phikwe, Polokwane Intl
The plan was to fly along the dry rivers of Namibia.
- The Messum River from the Messum Crater to Brandberg
- Goanatagab & Ugab from Brandberg to the Doros Crater
- Huab from Twyfelfontein to the sea
- Hoanib & Ganamub from Sesfontein to skedelkus
- Hoarusib rom the sea via Puros Canyon to Sesfontein
- Through the Caprivi Strip to Botswana.
- From Katima Mulilo via Chobe, Savuti , Moremi & Maun, to Nata
- After that towards Orapa over the Sau pan, Kubu island & Makgadikgadi pans
With round about 45 hours of flying, 17 gyros and 18 people through Namibia and Botswana the logistics was a very big challenge. Everything went smoothly thanks to the group leader and tour organiser Roelf Palm’s great planning, knowledge and expanded touring experience.
We expected a dry Namibia but experience an extremely wet Namibia. Most of the rivers had water in them and at places we experienced some rain.